Thursday, April 24, 2003

The World Health Organization Rules on Toronto

Having raised doubts about Canada's health care system in my last post, I must still say that I find it hard to agree with the decision of the World Health Organization calling for travellers to avoid all non-essential visits to Toronto. Whatever the situation in Canada's health care industry, I do trust the municipal, provincial and federal authorities to deal with the problem. Interestingly, according to an article on the CNN site, the Centers for Disease Control in the US tends to agree and isn't supporting the WHO on this one. Now once again, knowing many people who work at the WHO in Geneva, and having done so once myself, I'll stick with the CDC and the Toronto authorities on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home